Best Inexpensive Leggings in 2023
Hanes Women's Stretch Jersey Legging, Black, X-Large
- Soft cotton stretch jersey with a touch of spandex for move-with-you comfort
- Heavier fabric weight to prevent show-through
- Flattering fit
- Comfortable elastic waistband
- 29 inch inseam
Hanes Sport Women's Performance Legging,Ebony,Large
- Cool DRI interlock fabric dries faster for maximum comfort
- Cool comfort technology rapidly wicks away moisture to keep you cool
- Wide waistband for a comfortable, flattering fit
- Chafe-resistant flat lock seams
- 28.5" inseam
No Nonsense Women's Cotton Legging, Espresso, Large
- An every day wardrobe must-have
- Comfortable and flattering fit
- Retains shape and color
- No show coverage so underwear doesn't show through
- Every day wardrobe essential, style meets comfort and value
Hue Women's Ultra Legging with Wide Waistband - X-Large - Black
- Pull on legging with comfortable stretch
- Superb fit with no see-through
- Wide non-binding comfort waistband
- Inseam 29 inches
LYR128SZ-BLACK-M Yoga Solid Leggings, Medium
- Ultra Soft Premium Fabric - Our leggings are made in our buttery smooth brushed polyester and spandex blend. It’ll stretch in all directions without being see-through and keeping you comfortable all day!
- One Size Fits Most! Leggings Depot one size leggings can cover multitude of sizes and body shapes with our premium stretchable fabric! One Size: S-L(2-12) / Plus Size: L-XL(12-20) / Extra Plus: 1X-3X(18-24) / 3X5X Plus: 3X-5X
- All Day Comfort - Leggings that will keep you comfortable whether you’re just hanging out at home or out with friends, our leggings will look great paired with dresses, tops or tunics!
- Selection - At Leggings Depot we have the largest selection of leggings in different colors, prints and sizes at the most affordable prices.
- **WARNING** Please make sure to check that the product you are purchasing is "Sold by LEGGINGS DEPOT" and not any other company. Products from sellers other than "LEGGINGS DEPOT" may not be the same fit, color, fabric or quality. We are unable to guarantee the quality of products purchased from other sellers, and will not be able to provide customer service for such purchases.
EVCR Compression Leggings for Women - 7/8 Length Non See Through Soft Athletic Yoga Pants for Workout, Black, Large
- SUPER SOFT FABRIC: Our leggings are made from a premium blend of 85% Polyester and 15% Spandex. 4-way stretch and non-see through material designed to contour perfectly to your body ensures confidence for the ultimate level of comfort all day!
- PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION: Moisture wicking technology will keep you dry as it pulls dampness away from the skin. The "go-to" everyday leggings for any setting - Combining performance, function and fashion.
- FORM-FITTING: Smooth fit with no muffin-top issue. Thick and supportive yet breathable for the gym and warm for cooler seasons.
- LENGTH, INSEAM & WAISTBAND: EVCR Compression Leggings are 7/8 in length and hit just above the ankles with an inseam of 23.5 inches. The waistband is fitted with an elastic seam. The height of the waistband will differ on all customers - this legging is NOT a high-waist.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Machine Wash Safe - Wash cold / Do not bleach / Tumble dry low / Wash with like colors.
Fengbay High Waist Yoga Pants, Pocket Yoga Pants Tummy Control Workout Running 4 Way Stretch Yoga Leggings
- 4 Way Stretch & Non See-through Fabric: We have to tell you that this is good elasticity and 4 Way Stretch non see-through fabric - perfect for yoga, exercise, fitness, any type of workout, or everyday use.No camel toe yoga pants! Material: 77 % Polyester 23% Polyurethane
- Intimate Inner/Outside Pocket: Hidden waistband inner pocket to stash your keys,intimate outside pocket can be put for cell phone or any essentials.Please choose your favorite style carefully.Please take care to choose the style, Inner pockets only one pocket, 3 pockets include inner pocket and outside pocket.
- High Waist & Health Fitness: Fengbay Women's workout pants are designed with high-waist,tummy control wide waistband contours your curves and give you a streamlined look. Unique fitness and compression technology improves blood circulation and help to release muscles fatigue.
- Moisture Wicking & Comfort: Yoga capris leggings for women are made from the highest quality fabrics designed to remove moisture from your body,provides lightweight comfort along with sweat absorption and drying capabilities. It also features all over interlock seams to reduce irritation and eliminate chafing, allows for maximum comfort and wearability.
- Warranty: You are bound to find your favorite one here! Select your favorite and "Add to Cart" now! If you are not satisfied with our products, please just simply return them and get your money back within 30 days.
No nonsense Womenâ€™s Stretch Denim Leggings, White, Small
- The look of denim with total comfort
- Faux front pockets and fly, real back pockets
- Topstitching on pockets, side seam and leg openings
- Retains shape and color
- Every day wardrobe essential, style meets comfort and value.Elastic waistband that does not gap
Amazon Essentials Women's Elastic Waist Performance Capri Legging, Black, Small
- Train in confidence with these classic performance leggings featuring a low-profile elastic waistband and reflective logo for added visibility
- Sport made better: we listen to customer feedback and fine-tune every detail to ensure quality, fit, and comfort
Oalka Women Yoga Pants Workout Running Leggings Charcoal L
- SOLID:86% Nylon 14% Spandex, SPACE DYE: 87% Polyester 13% Spandex
- Full length yoga pants: high waist and wide waistband tummy control shapewear, hidden inner key keeper pocket.
- Oalka yoga leggings pull on closure and interlock seams reduce irritation and edges lay flat to eliminate chafing.
- Perfect for yoga, exercise, fitness, running, any type of workout, or everyday use.
- Oalka leggings will be the best pair of yoga pants you've ever owned. Guaranteed. If you are not satisfied, return your purchased items for a full refund.
Togas, Tunics and What Greeks and Romans Really Wore
Helpful advice for providing authentic costumes for Church plays
Costume customers sometimes make me laugh and sometimes make me cringe. I have people coming in with plans to go to a "70s party" who are on the look out for a poodle skirt (50s era). I have others who rent Rennaisance style dresses to go a "Charles Dickens Party." Costume manufacturers do not help. One produces a white cotton bonnet that is labelled as Pilgrim/Little House on the Prairie Bonnet. I have seen flapper dresses advertised as "Wild West Saloon Girl/20s Flapper Girl Dress."
With all this misinformation, I cannot blame the customers who come in when Christmas and Easter pageants are in season. I regularly find myself faced by the most sincere of individuals on the lookout for a "Roman style toga." They are adamant that they do not want "a Greek toga." Often they will tell me they are playing a Roman soldier in the Christmas or Easter pageant at their church and want "a toga like the one Roman soldiers would have worn in Jesus' time." I find myself at a loss. Their phrasing indicates they are looking for my guidance, but what I have to say is more than they want to hear. Besides, my answer makes me sound either like a snob or a smart eleck.
To begin, Greeks did not wear togas. Of course, it's easy to be confused in a costume shop where many manufacturers produce costumes that are labeled "Greek togas." Greek men mostly wore a tunic. It was a knee-length shirt made out of wool or linen. Often, it was worn only over one shoulder. Over the tunic, they wore a wool cloak during cold weather. The cloak could also double as a blanket. Their legs were bare and they wore leather sandals, or went barefoot.
Greek women wore a large piece of wool or linen wrapped around them and pinned in various ways to make it stay. The ways in which the cloth was pinned varied in different eras and different locales. These dresses always were ankle-length. Women also used wool cloaks/blankets for warmth. There were no togas in Greece.
Roman soldiers wore standard issue clothing. Even back in Roman times, uniforms were important. The basic clothing of the soldier consisted of the Tunica which was a sort of undergarmet. The next layer of clothing was a cloak worn over the tunica. On his feet, every soldier wore of a pair of Caligae. These were extremely heavy boots made for marching. The soldier would also have a sarcina which was a pack for carrying all his supplies when the soldier was on the move. When full, the sarcina weighed about 50 pounds. In addition to the "clothing" was the defensive equipment a soldier would wear into battle. This included the Lorica, or breastplate. It was designed to protect from a frontal attack. On his head, the soldier wore the Galea. That's simply Latin for helmet. It was designed to prevent crushing blows to the head and face.
So who wore togas? Togas were only worn by Roman citizens. Foreigners and slaves were not permitted to wear them. They were not worn outside the city of Rome. A real toga was a 6 to 7 foot semi circle of cloth which would be wrapped around the wearer in a prescribed manner. It was draped over the arm when walking and was a status symbol of the Roman citizen. No citizen would be seen in public unless wearing a toga. To do so would risk being mistaken for a slave.
It's no wonder there is so much confusion among those looking for costumes. Many packaged costumes label themselves as togas. A real toga was a 6-7 foot long semi-circle of cloth that was worn wrapped in a rather prescribed fashion. It was draped over the arm when walking and was a status symbol of Rome. No citizen would go out not wearing his toga lest he be mistaken for a slave. If you are interested in instruction on how to wear a toga, there are instructions in many places on line. Like putting on a real Scottish kilt or a Japanese kimono, there is a fixed method and an art to putting on and wearing a toga.
Members of the Roman senate could have togas with a stripe of purple. The emperor would wear a pure purple toga. Those running for the senate would often attempt to make their togas look especially white by covering them with chalk. Candida is a Latin word meaning "clear and white." It is from this practice that we get the word "candidate." Interestingly, candida usually refers to "clear and white" when talking about quartz-like objects, rather than chalky white.
The next time you take part in a Passion Play, you'll know that the one thing you do not need is a toga. If your goal is to attend a toga party at a fraternity, know that bed sheets are just fine.